Thursday 23 April 2015

I sure Hate the 7mm Magnum

My storefront is the gun show.  I must say I really enjoy gun shows.  I meet a lot of interesting people who have a lot of interesting things to say.  Over the years I have come to know a lot of the other vendors.. some by name, some by nickname.  I call them my gun show family.

But gun shows have a downside.  Hunters who own guns in 7mm.

“What do you need that for? “ they will say gesturing to any non-bolt action rifle.  “All I need is my seven millimeter Remington magnum.”  I hear that line (or a derivative of) spoken at nearly every single gun show I have ever attended (with the exception of Grand Prairie in 2014).

No one talks that way about their 30-06 or their .308 or their .243.  There is no other cartridge that makes its user so ignorant, and myopic as the 7mm.

I don’t know what it is.  Why do these people even bother to go to gun shows if all they want to see is row upon row of bolt guns in 7mm?

No comments:

Post a Comment